Monday, August 9, 2021

What have I gotten myself into?

The phone rang several months ago. It was my brother Edward and he simply asked if I would like to join him on a SCUBA trip to Bonaire. He and his family had gone with a local New Jersey dive shop, Cedar Grove Divers Supply, to Bonaire several times in the past years. He also invited my younger brother Greg and his wife Beth as well.

I've never had the time to join them in the past, but I have recently retired and it's a great opportunity to try something new. After all, you can't bike all the time you know. Arrangements needed to be made to get certified. I found a highly regarded dive shop just a couple of miles from my home in California call Ocean Safari. With a couple of conversations and phone calls, it was agreed that I would take the e-learning, classroom instructing and pool sessions with Ocean Safari then take the open water instruction with Cedar Grove Divers Supply in Bonaire. I'm glad that I had a couple of months to get everything in order before the trip. The e-learning took more time that I had anticipated, but I got it all done.

I'm combining the SCUBA trip with a week long bike trip alone the Erie Canal from Buffalo to Albany NY. Check out my Erie Canal Blog.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment